· Improving blood flow to the ovaries and uterus
· Improving response to hormonal stimulation
· Alleviating possible side effects of fertility medications
· Improving the thickness and perfusion of blood to the uterine lining
· Calming the uterus to help prepare for and support implantation
· Reducing stress and promoting relaxation
For males with sub-optimal sperm parameters, we recommend regular acupuncture treatments during the two-three months prior to an IVF/ICSI cycle and then scheduling visits weekly for the 2 weeks prior to your partner’s egg retrieval. These acupuncture treatments may be supplemented by the use of Chinese herbal medicine, dietary and lifestyle counseling and nutritional supplements.
IVF Embryo Transfer
A pre and post transfer acupuncture session is done to help promote relaxation and to improve success rates. A well-respected study using acupuncture with IVF showed the acupuncture group had a success rate of 42.5%, compared with 26.3% in the control group, when treated with acupuncture before and after their IVF embryo transfer.
Pregnancy Support (1st Trimester)
With a positive pregnancy test result, we will continue with weekly acupuncture treatments until 12-13 weeks, to help stabilize and support your pregnancy. This is especially important if you have had a previous miscarriage or with pregnancies conceived using IVF. The treatments are gentle and supportive and help promote a healthy pregnancy.
To learn more about how Acupuncture can help with IVF support, contact Dr. Lesley, ND!