Symptoms of Endometriosis:
- Menstrual cramps
- Pelvic pain (e.g., with intercourse, bowel movements or urination; during ovulation)
- Heavy bleeding at menstrual periods
- Bleeding between menstrual periods
Naturopathic Treatment for Endometriosis
In developing a treatment plan for endometriosis, the patient's overall health is considered and the treatment individualized.
Is fertility a goal, or merely symptom management? Is the patient in severe pain with each menstrual cycle? Is there pain with intercourse? Is she constipated? Often the patient has already undergone laparoscopic surgery for endometriosis and now wants to focus on preventing recurrence.
Goals of Naturopathic Treatment:
- pain management
- reducing inflammation
- hormone balance
- shrinkage of endometriosis lesions
- fertility support
- immune modulation
A number of therapeutic options may be used in the treatment of endometriosis, including:
- Acupuncture: pain reduction, regulating bleeding
- Herbal Medicine: reduce adhesions and scarring, to stimulate tissue healing and to balance hormones
- Diet & Nutrition: reduce inflammation, liver support
- Lifestyle Counselling: stress reduction, relaxation techniques
If you are experiencing symptoms of endometriosis contact Dr. Lesley to see how naturopathic medicine can benefit you!